Trend Alert: Healing Crystals
When you hear the word ‘crystal’ do you think of cut glass or long skirts and incense? Crystals have long collected dust on shelves, often associated with new age hippies and crystal balls. Crystals are not only highly effective for healing physical ailments as well as spiritually aligning, but they are actually a fave amongst the A-listers! Yes that’s right; Madonna, Victoria Beckham, Miranda Kerr and Katy Perry won’t go anywhere without them.
You may be in the ‘Swarovski are the only crystals I do’ team, however hear me out. Crystals and their patchouli-drenched friends have gotten a bad rep over the years. Yet you will be hard-pushed to find someone that doesn’t know a little something about crystals… Whether it’s gathering a layer of dust next to the full works of Shakespeare, or lurking in the wardrobe with last season’s Michael Kors, I guarantee the majority of us will have one somewhere.
So what are these mystical lumps of colour-coordinated rocks for… and what do you need to do with them? Since the dawn of time, crystals have been amongst us. Formed by gas or liquid solution throughout millions of years, they’re believed to hold complex healing properties. Each crystal is unique in their formation, and can hold other minerals or crystals inside. Once formed, crystals rarely change form for thousands of years. Electrically charged, they hold a mass of electrons which enable them to become transducers and change one energy form into another.
So what does this mean? Basically, crystals are a natural way of channelling energy. They harness the earth’s energy through their mineral make up, and when you combine their energy with ours, wonderful things can happen. Crystals are used at chakra centers for clearing, revitalizing, and healing. Crystal wands are used to open the chakras. We all have chakras, these are energy centres in our bodies and they must flow. Blocked chakras can often lead to illness; so we need to go, with that flow.
There are 7 chakras:
1. Root Chakra — Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
• Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
• Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money and food.
2. Sacral Chakra — Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
• Location: Lower abdomen, about two inches below the navel and two inches in.
• Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra — Our ability to be confident and in control of our lives.
• Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
• Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem.
4. Heart Chakra — Our ability to love.
• Location: Centre of chest just above the heart.
• Emotional issues: Love, joy and inner peace.
5. Throat Chakra — Our ability to communicate.
• Location: Throat.
• Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings and the truth.
6. Third Eye Chakra — Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
• Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra).
• Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom and the ability to think and make decisions.
7. Crown Chakra — The highest chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
• Location: The very top of the head.
• Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality and pure bliss.
Anyone can use a crystal… you don’t need a PHD in tie-dye and palmistry to reap the benefits. In fact everyone will benefit. Whether you have moved house and need grounding, in a relationship that’s on the rocks, needing some positivity and direction, or to connect with your guides (angels) around you, however you are feeling, these little or large magical gifts from long ago are here to look out for you. They also can assist you with health issues, easing discomfort.
Choosing your Crystal
If you are selecting one for yourself, quieten your mind for a moment, think of a white flag gently moving in the wind to clear your mind. As you stand in front of the healing crystals move both your hands and eyes over them and see which you are drawn to. It’s a personal thing, you will intrinsically be drawn to the crystal that you need – for one reason or another. Pick it up, how does it feel? Do you feel calmer, more grounded? Look for a subtle change in how you feel; it could be in your stomach, head or chest. Your hands may feel warmer than usual, this is normal as your energy is uniting.
Using your Crystal
Hold it, have it near you at home, put it somewhere you can see it, put it in your pocket, hand bag, use it, feel it and love it.
Programming your Crystal
Your thoughts, visualizations, and feelings have an energetic charge; when you program a crystal to help you in manifesting your desires and dreams you put that energetic charge into your crystal.
Quartz crystals are usually the preferred crystals for programming; however you can use many others: citrine for abundance, rose quartz for a situation which calls for love, aquamarine or turquoise for creativity, aventurine for physical health.
Below is one way to program your Crystal
1. Hold the crystal in both hands and gaze into it, making contact with the crystal.
2. Start breathing with deep long breaths, inhaling through your nose and exhaling forcefully through your mouth.
3. Concentrate on what you want to program into the crystal„ a new job, good health, a better relationship, etc. As you inhale, see a visual image of what you want; imagine how it feels to have it, and repeat an affirmation to yourself.
4. With each exhale send your desire into the crystal.
5. Your intention has now been programmed into the crystal. This vibration is stored in the crystal until you clear it and replace it with a new intention.
So you see, it doesn’t have to be a crystal maze, it’s quite simple really. Choose a Crystal that you are drawn to, keep it near, ask and believe what you want your crystal to deliver, and then wait for the subtle and positive changes it makes in your life. Hope and faith makes us human… we are just made of atoms after all!
Crystals make great gifts
When choosing a gift, think about the person you are buying for, think of what they may need right now. By thinking about them whilst looking over the crystals, you should be attracted to a certain crystal.
Spa Guru xx
A full range of healing crystals is now available to purchase in our Weavers’ House Spa Boutique. So whether you’re at the Spa for a weekend break with the girls, enjoying a romantic stay at our luxurious adjoining hotel The Swan at Lavenham, or just exploring Suffolk, pop by and feel the power of crystals for yourself.
Boutique Opening Hours:
Daily: 9am – 7pm
Thurs & Fri: 9am – 9pm